In general, the answer is no, but it is an excellent aid to enjoying a sculptured figure, including plastic surgery after weight loss in Mexico. Allow us to explain why. Surgeries that specialize in helping with obesity and weight loss are called bariatric surgeries, of which the most common are gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, adjustable gastric band, and gastric balloon.
Through these procedures, a patient can lose between 70 to 100% of their excess body weight. However, naturally, after considerable weight loss, the body may be left with some areas of sagging skin. That is when many patients choose to undergo plastic surgery after weight loss in Mexico. The patient loses a few pounds by removing this skin, depending on the amount of excess skin that needs to be removed, but this type of surgery is more of an aesthetic procedure.
What happens after losing weight dramatically?
Surely, your fight to lose weight has been a product of effort, perseverance, and determination. Perhaps you have achieved this through a long and rigorous exercise regimen, or you may have opted to undergo bariatric surgery. Regardless of the method, it is normal for those who have lost weight dramatically to experience three main changes:
- Emotional changes. – Those who have lost weight tend to have improved mental health, higher self-esteem, improved mood, and become more sociable. Even those with depression resulting from obesity begin to feel better about themselves and enjoy the self-esteem they have lost.
- Medical changes. – Perhaps you, like millions of bariatric patients, have seen surprising, almost immediate health benefits. Especially those with type 2 diabetes begin to notice a balance in their insulin levels. Additionally, they experience a reduction in other symptoms and conditions, including hypertension, extreme fatigue, sleep apnea, low fertility, among others.
- Physical changes. – When you lose weight, in addition to gradually building a new image, it allows you to have a better quality of life. Those who have made this change experience much more mobility and flexibility than before.
At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we are interested that you also enjoy a sculpted body beyond the physiological benefits after such a spectacular weight loss. We know that you have put a lot of effort into improving your lifestyle, and you deserve it.
What are some of the challenges after losing weight?
One reality is that the more successful a patient’s weight loss has been, the more likely they are to face this peculiar challenge: excess skin. In other words, the more pounds you lose, the more excess skin you will have. Therefore, a vast majority of bariatric patients choose to undergo plastic surgery after weight loss in Mexico.
There are those who almost immediately come to love themselves with their new anatomy. Still, sometimes, mixed feelings may occur. Along with weight loss achievement, there may be discontent, as your goal in losing weight is to look good, but sagging skin may still be affecting your image. This is uncomfortable for many because there are cases in which the hanging skin can interfere with the patient’s mobility, making it difficult to carry out certain activities and suffer rashes in the skin folds. It can also make you feel unattractive or affect your privacy. The most common areas where sagging is evidenced are the abdomen and legs, as well as the face, breasts, arms, and buttocks.
What are the advantages of plastic surgery?
Having plastic surgery after weight loss in Mexico offers great aesthetic and psychological benefits. If you like the appearance of your body, it will also increase your self-confidence. Not all people feel the need for plastic surgery, but their transformation must be complete in many cases.
You may have already achieved a lot, but you can repair all those parts of your body that are not in their optimal place or shape through plastic surgery in Mexico. These are some options at your fingertips:
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Breast lift
- Eyelid surgery
- Breast reduction
- Arm lift
- Thigh lift
- Body contouring after weight loss
- Many others
How long should I wait after bariatric surgery before having plastic surgery?
Expert doctors recommend undergoing plastic surgery after weight loss in Mexico at least 1 to 2 years after bariatric surgery. Also, around this time, you would have resumed your everyday activities normally. The main reason is that usually, during the first few months, the body is still in the process of losing weight, and the skin is also trying to get back into place. In order not to compromise the results, the general recommendation is to undergo a procedure when you have reached a stable weight.
Remember that each case and each body is different. That is why a bariatric surgeon in Tijuana can help you know when is the best time to have plastic surgery in Mexico and get closer to your goal.
Who is eligible for plastic surgery after weight loss?
Not all patients are candidates for plastic surgery. In the evaluation, your surgeon will assess and help you do good planning for plastic surgery. It will ensure that you meet the following basic standards:
- Stable weight. – As we have already mentioned before, it is necessary for patients to acquire new habits in their life. That will allow them not only to lose weight but, more importantly, to avoid gaining weight again. Once you have managed to maintain your weight for a few months or more, it is a good indication to take the next step.
- Good health. Likely, you were not a candidate for plastic surgery before losing weight because obesity increases the risk factors. However, your health will surely improve after significant weight loss, and your body may be more prepared for surgery. Hence the importance of acquiring good eating habits after bariatric surgery. Remember that maintaining a balanced and healthy diet will be essential for your health.
- Avoid smoking and the use of certain drugs. – Those who wish to undergo skin removal surgery, their doctor will recommend avoiding the use of these substances. It is proven that alcohol and tobacco, among other substances, can considerably increase the risks during and after surgery. For example, it increases heart rate, blood coagulability, and blood pressure. In addition, it can slow down the patent’s recovery.
- Realistic expectations. – You are expected to be mentally and emotionally prepared. Open communication with your surgeon is vitally important. You may have questions, such as if there is any risk in plastic surgery, among others. So together with your doctor, you will understand what you need and what can be expected results.
What else do I need to know?
It is essential for you to know that your body will never be the same as it was before you were overweight. Some of these procedures, while improving the shape of your body, also leave some scars. It all depends on which part of the body needs to be repaired.
After surgery, you may want to see immediate results, but you will have to be patient. Each person recovers differently. Approximately during the first three months, you will have inflammation, and your body will be healing. Some may take a year or more to see the final results. But remember that with us, you have the opportunity to receive world-class medical care to ensure extraordinary results and benefits for your health and appearance.
At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we know that you deserve to enjoy your life and body to the fullest. That is why we put at your disposal the tools to achieve such goals. Feel free to contact us today at +1 (858) 779-2552 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be delighted to help you!