Without a doubt, undergoing plastic surgery after losing weight dramatically is exciting. It means you are reaping the results of your earnest efforts. However, it would be best always to be alert for some complications that may arise in the recovery process. Therefore, if you decide to undergo plastic surgery, such as skin removal surgery in Mexico or any other, you should be informed about what is normal and what is not during your post-op process.
Knowing common warning signs after a procedure will help you be better prepared about what to do and not to do after plastic surgery, such as skin removal surgery in Mexico. Rest assured that most times, recovery after a cosmetic procedure is satisfactory. Yet, it is natural that you will have some discomfort during the first days since the body is weak, and your immune system will try to protect it. Hence low energy will be completely normal.
On the other hand, what signs should you be on the lookout for if they arise? In the following paragraphs, we will explain what aspects of post-op care are important after 24 hours, a few days, and weeks. Also, learn about the warning signs so you can minimize any risks of surgery.
Why is post-op care during the first 24 hours critical?
Post-op care during the first hours of recovery is vital to be able to achieve success in any procedure. In addition, if you follow the specialist’s recommendations after any plastic surgery, including breast implants, rhinoplasty, tummy tuck, mommy makeover liposuction in Mexico, and many others, it will allow you to reduce risks and obtain optimal results. Above all, during the first 24 hours, more care will be required since these are the most uncomfortable hours.
For example, it is advisable to follow the prescribed medication schedules. Otherwise, it can cause dizziness, fainting, and above all, it can increase pain in the surgical area. Besides medication, you may choose to control pain with cold compresses with your doctor’s permission to help with the inflammation.
On the other hand, making strenuous efforts such as sneezing or pushing can cause bleeding; therefore, they must be controlled or avoided. Also, excessive rest can increase the risk of poor circulation to help with the healing process. Therefore, be very careful about spending too much time lying down. Ideally, someone else should always be with you for the first few days after surgery.
In general, heat can lower blood pressure, so specialists recommend having ventilated spaces by opening the windows or using air conditioning to control the temperature.
What is the post-op care during the first days and weeks after plastic surgery?
The first days of any plastic surgery, including skin removal surgery in Mexico, should focus on managing inflammation and pain. Also, physical activity should be moderate. Depending on the type of surgery, some activities such as driving or lifting heavy objects should still be avoided. Among the normal reactions are nausea, vomiting, constipation, inflammation, and moderate pain. Also, due to the antibiotics, you may feel a bit drowsy and thirsty.
So don’t panic if you see some of these reactions. Some do not even experience mild side effects. The post-op care during the first weeks has the goal of speeding the recovery so that the person can resume their daily activities. In addition, in this period, the patient should gradually increase his physical activity until he can reach normality in the third or fourth week.
Above all, in these first weeks, remember to stay well hydrated and take proper care of your surgical wound. Moreover, it is unnecessary to resort to strict diets for a rapid healing process, as this can lead to complications. Just eat a balanced healthy diet at your regular times and avoid fasting.
What are the red flags to watch out for?
If there is some pain during the first 24-72 hours, it will decrease progressively over the next few days. However, even though you followed your doctor’s instructions, it might be a warning sign if the pain persists for more days. Some other signs or red flags could be the following:
- – Typically, during the first two or three days after surgery, the patient releases a small amount of blood through drainage tubes to remove residual blood. However, excessive bleeding after surgery is dangerous, as it could indicate that the incisions are not healing correctly.
- Persistent exhaustion. – After surgery, it is normal to feel some drowsiness or exhaustion, usually due to the effect of the anesthesia and prescribed medications. However, if you still feel fatigued, lethargic, or dizzy after anesthesia, it is a sign that you can let your doctor know.
- Bruises. – These occur as a result of the accumulation of blood after a surgical procedure. Generally, when a bluish color forms, it will be reduced over the next few days or weeks. However, if these bruises do not go away or enlarge or expand, you must be aware that it could indicate a clotting problem.
- – Likewise, inflammation after any procedure is expected, which should subside in the following days. However, if you notice an increase in swelling or a worsening of the operated area, you should let your surgeon know.
- Redness or a bad odor in the surgical wounds. – Note that in all surgeries, an inflammatory process, which is normal to feel a little warmth and redness in areas close to the intervened area. Then, after some days, it has to decrease. Yet, it is not normal when the skin increases its red color or liquids come out of the wound, causing a bad smell. If so, do not ignore the symptoms.
- Pain in the legs. – The formation of blood clots in the venous system often occurs in the legs, causing some degree of circulation blockage. Many patients have breathing difficulties, increased pulse, sweating, or chest pain. This is because the clots can begin to form. Therefore, if any of these symptoms occur, contact your specialist.
Keep in mind that as the days go by, your body will recover and look better naturally. If you opt for skin removal surgery in Mexico or similar plastic surgeries, you must be vigilant and know the warning signs, which will help you act promptly in case of any complications that may arise. Staying in contact with your doctor will help you stay calm and avoid potential risks.
How can you minimize the risks of plastic surgery?
It should be noted that all surgeries carry some risk, and the patient by himself cannot minimize the risks. Thanks to your post-op care recommendations from your specialist, you can be incredibly successful. Therefore, every patient must be well informed at all times during the process. Plus, choosing the right health professional team will ensure even greater success and minimal risks.
In addition, those who choose Health & Wellness Bazaar discover that the risks outweigh the benefits by far. If you are craving to show off a fantastic figure, consult with our experienced specialists today by scheduling a free consultation, calling our toll-free number at (858) 779-2552, or emailing us at email@example.com. We will be delighted to help you have that body you deserve!