The most comfortable, effective, and durable surgical component to enhance oral health is dental implants Tijuana. At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we understand that losing teeth does not just esthetically affect a smile; it also has implications in a person’s digestion process and self-confidence. Therefore, it takes certified experts to consider all these factors and provide remarkable results that surpass patients’ expectations.
Why Should You Choose Dental Implants?
When any kind of tooth is lost, the bone surrounding the root begins to atrophy. As a result, the closest teeth start to move around to fill the remaining space. If this issue is not appropriately addressed, it will continue to affect the mouth’s esthetics and jaw structure.
Furthermore, when the face’s structure is altered, it makes the person develop premature aging. Besides, having a wound in a gum piece can cause infections and affect his overall health. Plus, having an infection in one tooth can have a chain reaction by infecting other healthy teeth.
For these and other reasons, losing a dental piece or having it in poor condition can develop serious problems. However, thanks to the technology of dental implants Tijuana, all these issues can be prevented or resolved.
What Are Dental Implants?
They are dental components implanted through minor surgery to replace the roots of missing or damaged teeth with a dental prosthesis, which provides the same appearance and functionality as natural teeth. The procedure is carried out with state-of-the-art technology and supplies such as metal bolts. Many patients from the US and Canada have seen firsthand that dental implants Tijuana are an excellent alternative for dentures or dental bridges that do not attach well to the jaw.
On the other hand, certain aspects should be considered before receiving dental implants. For example, the dental surgeon makes a thorough revision of the jaw’s state where the new implants will be placed and will recommend the most suitable type of implant accordingly. Once the patient receives the implant, a recovery time is required since the bone needs to heal properly around the implant. That period varies from patient to patient, but after it, the patient can enjoy reliable and extremely natural dental support.
Once the titanium has joined the patient’s jaw, the implants remain fixed. Therefore, you should not worry about it moving around or that there could be some bone damage, since there is none, as opposed to regular dentures.
Who Can Benefit from Dental Implants?
You can usually find out if dental implants Tijuana are the best alternative for you if:
- You have lost one or more teeth
- Your jaw has reached its full growth
- You have adequate bones to ensure an optimal bone graft
- You have healthy oral tissues
- You do not have diseases that affect bone healing
- You cannot or do not want to wear dentures
- You have a speech problem due to the loss of a tooth
- You are willing to commit to the process for several months
- You don’t smoke tobacco.
Are There Any Risks?
Although dental implant surgery is one of the safest and most reliable procedures available, there could be some minor health risks, like in any surgical operation, which can be easily treated. Here are a few possibilities:
- Difficulties in osteointegration. In some cases, the implant is not accepted by the bone, which prevents it from joining correctly. In these cases, the implant is removed so that the bone will heal and then repeat the process.
- Infection at the implant site. The infection usually occurs as an abscess, fistula, suppuration, or inflammation.
- A dental implant may develop a nasal infection since the mouth and nose area are very close together. One way to prevent this condition is by lifting the maxillary sinus for implant placement, rather than placing it directly.
- Injury in the lower nerve. It can be classified as the worst risk a dental implant patient can face. In some cases, the bone in the back of the jaw should be reduced. However, if this nerve is touched, the dentist will advise you to remove the implant and start taking vitamins to regenerate the damaged nerve. Nonetheless, our dental experts have the needed expertise to minimize any risks and plan beforehand any possible complications depending on the patient’s medical history.
Preparing to Enjoy Your New Dental Implants
The process starts early by working with several specialists, beginning with a maxillofacial and oral surgeon specializing in oral, jaw, and face conditions. Next, a periodontist will give a treatment if needed to support structures for teeth, such as gums and bones.
Finally, the intervention of a dental surgeon or prosthetist is essential. This dental implant expert will be responsible for designing and implanting dental surgical components. Sometimes, an otolaryngologist’s work is also necessary to treat certain conditions in the nose, throat, and ears.
A comprehensive dental exam is performed at Health & Wellness Bazaar. The first tests include dental x-rays and 3D imaging, followed by the creation of models of your teeth and your jaw structure.
It is vital to have good communication with your dental surgeon, ensuring to have better results. Tell your doctor if you have any medical conditions or are taking certain medications, including over-the-counter drugs, some supplements, or prescription drugs.
If you have heart disease or an orthopedic implant, your doctor may prescribe an antibiotic before surgery to prevent an infection. On the other hand, to control pain during surgery, the medical team will use the best anesthesia for you. Anesthesia can be in the form of sedatives, local anesthesia, or general anesthesia.
Depending on the type of anesthesia used, the dental implants experts will tell you which foods and drinks you can eat before surgery. If general anesthesia is administered, you will need to attend with a companion as you will not be able to drive home. Additionally, strict rest during that day will be mandatory.
At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we want to ensure that your dental implants Tijuana are a success for an exceedingly long time. Therefore, following specific recommendations such as the following can help your new teeth and natural teeth last longer.
- Have excellent oral hygiene. Like your natural teeth, your new teeth must be clean. Specific brushes can make this care easier. Interdental brushes help clean corners and cracks around teeth, gums, and metal bolts.
- Visit your dentist regularly. It is vital that you attend every follow-up appointment. Thus, you can be sure to delight in the healthy and correct functioning of your implants. Scheduling periodic cleanups with your regular dentist will also be greatly beneficial.
- Avoid harmful habits. Do not chew hard foods, such as ice or candy. They can split your crowns or damage your natural teeth. Similarly, avoid products with caffeine or tobacco to prevent staining your teeth.
If you wish to see better results than the regular dentures, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment via our e-mail address email@example.com or by calling at (858) 779-2552. We are ready to give you expert advice on the treatment that will you the oral health and natural smile you deserve.