Obesity rates continue to rise among adults and children in North America causing physical, metabolic and psychological health problems. Gastric Balloon is an ideal Bariatric technique for patients with extra weight who need the help and look for a minimally invasive procedure and the best part? With our network of elite board-certified physicians, undergoing weight-loss surgery is as easy as booking a vacation through a high-end concierge service.
With this procedure, a silicon balloon filled with saline solution gets inserted in the patient’s stomach helping him eats less and in smaller amounts. Pending on patient’s BMI the gastric balloon can be an excellent way to start losing weight.
Below is a typical itinerary for someone undergoing Gastric Balloon surgery with our surgeons:
- Day 1: Arrival to destination of surgery, pre-op tests – spend night in hotel
- Day 2: Surgery – spend night in hospital
- Day 3: Discharge – spend night in hotel
- Day 4: Follow-up consultation -return home
Gastric Balloon surgery abroad
Choosing to undergo Gastric Balloon surgery with us has several advantages:
- It can save you up to 60% compared to U.S. prices
- Highest quality with U.S. Trained surgeons in Mexico
- Best results with only FDA approved materials
- Our surgeons offer the latest bariatric surgery procedures and technology
Gastric Balloon Procedure
This surgery consists of putting a balloon made of silicon inside the stomach, through Endoscopy. Insertion of the Gastric Balloon is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive procedure taking place in an ambulatory manner so you will not have to worry about a long post-operatory. The intervention lasts about 20 to 30 minutes and the recovery time is minimal.
Surgery starts by inspecting the interior of the stomach, which is done under Anesthesia. Later, the Balloon is deflated and guided to the stomach with a catheter in a guiding wire. Then the wire is removed, and a saline solution is injected to the Balloon. The balloon is inflated, and the surgeon can now disconnect the catheter. After six months, the Balloon is deflated and another Endoscopy is done to remove it.
The Intra-Gastric Balloon remains in stomach for six months limiting the space for food. As a result, patients feel more full resulting in eating less and consuming lower amount of calories.
Thanks to this Bariatric technique, patients can lose about 30% of excess weight in six months, which improves their health significantly, especially in patients with diabetes, muscle-skeletal diseases, and cardiac pathologies.
Candidates for the Gastric Balloon
Gastric Balloon is an ideal Bariatric technique for patients with some extra weight who need the help and look for a minimally invasive procedure. This procedure is for people with a BMI between 27 and 30, with a co-morbidity related to their weight, those with a BMI between 30 and 40 with or without co-morbidity pertaining to their weight, and an elevated BMI for people over 40 years old.
Those who have tried to lose weight with rigorous diet and exercise but haven’t reached their goals can also qualify for the Gastric Balloon.
You are not a qualified candidate if:
- You had a prior weight loss surgery
- You suffer suffer from a inflammatory diseases in the digestive system
- You have digestive hemorrhages or birth defects
- You suffer from hiatal hernia or any affliction that would interfere the endoscopy
- You have a drug or alcohol addiction
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You have psychological disorders
- You use anticoagulant
Preparation of the collocation of the Gastric Balloon
To prepare you for the procedure, our specialists advice you to take Prilosec OTC 40 milligrams or generic Omeprazole once a day starting the day the procedure is performed and at least for two weeks after. To cope with the symptomatic condition of the post-operatory, our surgeons will recommend continuing with this medication until the removal of the Balloon.
48 hour prior to the insertion, you are asked to follow an almost liquid diet. All solid and liquid food should be eliminated at least 12 hours before your procedure.
After the insertion of the Gastric Balloon and for at least one week patients tend to suffer from nausea and vomiting which is normal as your digestive system is adjusting to the presence of the balloon in the stomach. Our surgeons will prescribe some medication to help you control these symptoms. You must follow the prescription closely. Remember that our medical staff are available 24 hours.
Our Bariatric Surgeons
At Health & Wellness Bazaar we work with Board-Certified Bariatric surgeons who use the latest technology to treat obesity and other metabolic disorders. We only work with medical facilities and doctors that are:
- Have a clean background with excellent patient care
- Active Members of the Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Active Members of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons.
- Participates continually in conferences and workshops about the latest procedures and surgeries
- Recommended by trusted medical professionals
- Experienced in prestigious medical institutions
- Been published
Our recruiting and compliance team interview all of our Bariatric surgeons personally, visit their facilities, meet with the current and former patients and check their progress and medical protocols.
Our Bariatric packages include:
- Airport pick-up and drop- off
- Local transportation
- Pre-operatory tests
- Hospitalization and surgical center fees
- Surgeon Fees
- All medical materials and supplies for the procedure
- Post-operatory medication
- White-glove counseling
- Psychological and physical evaluations before the procedure
- Periodic follow-ups via phone, e-mail or video call\