INGUINAL HERNIA REPAIR ABROAD
Choosing to undergo Inguinal Hernia Repair with our Gastroenterologist surgeons has several advantages:
- It can save you up to 85% compared to U.S. prices
- Highest quality with U.S.-Trained Board-Certified bariatric surgeons in Mexico
- Best results with only FDA approved materials and implants
- Our surgeons offer the latest laparoscopic procedures and technology
An Inguinal Hernia Repair can cost as much as $25,000 USD in the U.S. without proper health insurance and wait times in Canada can be up to 3 years long. With Health & Wellness Bazaar, traveling to Mexico for Inguinal Hernia Repair is safe and easy and our surgery packages start at $3,990 USD, saving you up to 85% on the total cost of treatment with minimum to no wait time.
Our medical providers are able to offer such low pricing compared to the U.S. because of the low cost of land, labor, and materials in the destinations where they practice. The safety, quality, and efficacy of the Inguinal Hernia Repair is never compromised despite the low pricing and the patient experience is well beyond U.S. standards. Currently we have bariatric surgeons in Tijuana, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun, Mexico. Please contact us for more information.
OUR MEDICAL TOURISM GASTROENTEROLOGY SURGERY PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have designed Medical Tourism Packages for Gastroenterology procedures that include the following:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- On-site local transportation
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgery center’s fees and hospitalization
- Surgeons’ fees
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist
- All treatment related materials
- Post-operative medication
- Personalized counseling and support throughout the process
- Regular post-operative consultations via phone, email, and skype to track progress
THE INGUINAL HERNIA REPAIR PROCEDURE
There are two types of hernia repair surgeries:
- In open hernia repair, also called herniorrhaphy, a person is given local anesthesia in the abdomen or spine to numb the area, general anesthesia to sedate or help the person sleep, or a combination of the two. Then the surgeon makes an incision in the groin, moves the hernia back into the abdomen, and reinforces the muscle wall with stitches. Usually the area of muscle weakness is reinforced with a synthetic mesh or screen to provide additional support-an operation called hernioplasty.
- Laparoscopic surgery is performed using general anesthesia. The surgeon makes several small incisions in the lower abdomen and inserts a laparoscope-a thin tube with a tiny video camera attached to one end. The camera sends a magnified image from inside the body to a monitor, giving the surgeon a close-up view of the hernia and surrounding tissue. While viewing the monitor, the surgeon uses instruments to carefully repair the hernia using synthetic mesh.
People who undergo laparoscopic surgery generally experience a somewhat shorter recovery time. However, the doctor may determine laparoscopic surgery is not the best option if the hernia is very large or the person has had pelvic surgery.
RECOVERING FROM INGUINAL HERNIA REPAIR
Most people are able to get out of bed an hour or so after this surgery. Most can go home the same day, but some may need to stay in the hospital overnight. Some men may have problems passing urine after hernia surgery. If you have problems urinating, you may need a catheter. This is a thin flexible tube that is inserted into your bladder for a short time to drain urine.
Following instructions about how active you can be while recovering. This may include:
- Returning to light activities soon after going home, but avoiding strenuous activities and heavy lifting for a few weeks
- Avoiding activities that can increase pressure in the groin and belly. Move slowly from a lying to a seated position
- Avoiding sneezing or coughing forcefully
- Drinking plenty of fluids and eating lots of fiber to prevent constipation
OUR GASTROENTEROLOGIST SURGEONS
Our network of Gastroenterologist surgeons is composed of a select group of talented and experienced doctors who, in their private practice, perform the most advanced and innovative procedures to treat gastrointestinal disorders. Our Gastroenterologist surgeons undergo a rigorous vetting process to guarantee the highest safety and quality standards for our international patients. Our compliance team ensures our doctors are fully accredited and licensed where they practice and meet the following requirements:
- Board Certified
- Proven track record of success
- Active member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Continuously participates in conferences and workshops on latest treatments and technologies
- Recommended by fellow medical colleagues
- Training from prestigious medical institutions
- Conducts medical research and publications
Lastly, our recruitment and compliance teams interview all our Gastrointestinal surgeons in person, visit their facilities, meet past and current patients, and review their medical processes and protocols to confirm they meet the highest standards.