The vision was born in 2014 when David Mora joined Clinica de Rodilla y Hombro, an orthopedic surgery center his father Dr. Eliseo Mora founded in Tijuana, Mexico, to direct the company’s vision and business strategy. Soon after joining his father’s clinic, David recognized that most of their patients were North Americans traveling south to Mexico in search of affordable and timely health care options due to the excessively high costs in the U.S. and long wait times in Canada.
To meet the increasingly high demand from this market, and to shorten the gap between the available options and their unmet needs, David Mora decided to reposition the clinic as an orthopedic medical tourism center of excellence; Baja Orthopedic Institute. Further frustrated by the shortcomings of other specialties offered to medical tourism patients, Health & Wellness Bazaar was created to search for, screen, and select the best multi-specialty medical groups in selected medical tourism destinations and to offer the most inclusive and comprehensive medical tourism services to our patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are fully committed to providing our patients with the most successful and rewarding medical tourism experience.
Through our years of experience, we have mastered the ins and outs of medical tourism and continue to improve our unique approach to make the entire process as seamless and simple as possible.
WE MAKE GETTING TO YOUR MEDICAL TOURISM DESTINATION EASY AND ENJOYABLE:
- If you live in Southern California and choose a provider near the San Diego/Tijuana border, we work with experienced drivers who will meet you in San Diego and drive you across the border to see your doctor and receive treatment. Once your treatment is finalized, we will coordinate your drive back to San Diego so you can go home and continue your recovery.
- If you live anywhere else in the US or Canada and choose a provider near the San Diego/Tijuana border, you can fly to the San Diego Airport and we will take care of the rest. Our contracted driver will meet you at the San Diego Airport and drive you across the border to see your doctor and receive treatment. Once your treatment is finalized, the driver will take you back to the San Diego Airport for your return flight to continue your recovery at home.
- If you live anywhere in the US or Canada and choose a provider anywhere in Mexico, you can fly directly to your Medical Tourism Destination in Mexico and we will coordinate all local transportation. All our Medical Tourism Destinations have major international airports with direct flights from the US and Canada for your convenience. We will meet you at the airport and provide all transportation to see your doctor, receive treatment, rest and recover, and drive back to the airport for your return flight to continue your recovery at home.
All your positive energy, some changes of clothes, and your passport. Depending on where you are coming from, you may need a Visa. But don’t worry – we’ll guide you throughout the entire process.
Having an enjoyable experience is the first step to your recovery. Our company culture and our highly trained team members will ensure that you and your friends/family have everything you need. Additionally, we highly encourage you to engage in tourism activities within what is recommended by your doctor. Our on-site team will be happy to recommend local activities/tours and will assist you with the planning and logistics of your trip. Our goal is to make your medical vacation as successful, memorable, and easy as possible.
We want you to be in touch with your loved ones back home. You will have Wi-Fi access throughout our clinics and hotels and many American and Canadian phone plans now offer free calling to/from Mexico and other countries in Latin America. You could also buy pre-paid calling/data cards from your home country or in your medical destination.
Additionally, our staff speaks English so you will have no problem communicating with them and they will be able to assist you in anything you may need.
Our recovery rooms will make you feel like you’re in a guesthouse. They are equipped with a bedside room light, individual cable television with English channels, and a guest couch.
At HWBazaar we are striving to make your care experience with us the same, if not better, than what you would receive at home. We ensure that our medical providers’ facilities are fully accredited and certified to the highest international standards. If your surgery requires an overnight stay at the clinic, you will be taken to the recovery room for monitoring. We pride ourselves in patient-focused highly personalized care and will be by your side the entire time. Our surgeons and nurses will constantly be checking in on you to make sure you have the best experience possible. If needed, rehabilitation therapy will also be available if you’ve undergone a procedure that requires this therapy.
We will give you all the paperwork from your visit, including any prescriptions, instructions, a receipt, and a written diagnostic from your visit. We are also happy to provide a copy of the medical record if you request it.
If your condition requires physiotherapy after surgery, and you are able to stay longer, we can include rehab with no additional cost. If you can't stay longer, we will provide you with instructions for your local physiotherapist.
The major risks of flying after surgery are deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. However, our surgeons will work with you to minimize these risks and increase the success of your recovery. Of course, before choosing a medical provider it is good to consider how long is the travel and the possible risks.
Absolutely! We would like to stay in contact with you throughout your entire experience, including when you get home. We are happy to discuss your progress with you and your primary care physician at home.
ALL-INCLUSIVE SURGERY PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have designed all-inclusive Packages for Tummy Tuck surgery that include the following:
- Nights in the Recovery Hotel
- 1 Night in Hospital
- Concierge Service
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- On-site local transportation
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgery center's fees and hospitalization
- Surgeons' fees
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist
- All treatment related materials
- Post-operative medication
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
Your only additional expenses to the cost of your Tummy Tuck package are your transportation and meals outside the hospital. You can learn more about our accommodation options in our Plan Your Trip page.