HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY ABROAD
Choosing to undergo Hip Replacement surgery with our medical tourism orthopedic providers has several advantages:
- It can save you up to 75% compared to U.S. prices
- Highest quality with U.S. Trained orthopedic surgeons in Mexico
- Best results with only FDA approved materials and implants
- Our surgeons offer the latest surgery procedures and technology
Hip Replacement surgeries can cost as much as $70,000 USD in the U.S. without proper health insurance and wait times in Canada can be up to 3 years long. With Health & Wellness Bazaar, traveling to Mexico for Hip Replacement surgery is safe and easy and our surgery packages start at $11,000 USD, saving you up to 75% on the total cost of treatment with minimum to no wait time.
Our medical providers are able to offer such low pricing compared to the U.S. because of the low cost of land, labor, and materials in the destinations where they practice. The safety, quality, and efficacy of the Total Hip Replacement surgery is never compromised despite the low pricing and the patient experience is well beyond U.S. standards. Currently we have orthopedic surgeons in Tijuana, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun, Mexico. Please contact us for more information.
HIP REPLACEMENT SURGERY PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have designed Medical Tourism Packages for orthopedic treatments that include the following:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- On-site local transportation
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgery center’s fees and hospitalization
- Surgeons’ fees
- FDA Approved Hip Implant
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist
- All treatment related materials
- Post-operative medication
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
Your only additional expenses to the cost of your Tummy Tuck package are your transportation and meals outside the hospital. You can learn more about our accommodation options in our Plan Your Trip page.
THE TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
There are four basic steps to a hip replacement procedure:
- The damaged femoral head is removed and replaced with a metal stem that is placed into the hollow center of the femur. The femoral stem may be either cemented or "press fit" into the bone
- A metal or ceramic ball is placed on the upper part of the stem. This ball replaces the damaged femoral head that was removed
- The damaged cartilage surface of the socket (acetabulum) is removed and replaced with a metal socket. Screws or cement are sometimes used to hold the socket in place
- A plastic, ceramic, or metal spacer is inserted between the new ball and the socket to allow for a smooth gliding surface
HIP REPLACEMENT IMPLANT OPTIONS
Our surgeons are implant agnostic, they do not receive any economic benefit from using a particular brand or model and our standard surgery package includes a Johnson & Johnson DePuy Hip System. Our orthopedic surgeons have experience using all hip replacement implants and will help you determine which one is right for you. You can choose from Johnson & Johnson, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Zimmer and Biomet. With today’s technology, knee implants last 20-25 years and revisions are becoming less popular.
If you have a preference on a particular hip implant, please let us know. Our surgeons work with providers who carry most hip implant manufactures and models. There are many different types of implants with different advantages and benefits, consult with your Case Manager and ask our surgeons to recommend one that best suits your lifestyle and bone structure.
RECOVERING FROM HIP REPLACEMENT
Many people return to full, unrestricted activities after a hip replacement in 4-8 weeks. Your recovery will depend on the physiotherapy performed after the surgery. Recovery starts the next day after your surgery, you will be walking around your recovery suite with the help of a walker. After full recovery, you will be able to return to your daily activities and will even be able to play sports.
OUR ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS
Our network of orthopedists is composed of a select group of talented and experienced surgeons who, in their private practice, perform the most advanced and innovative procedures to treat degenerative diseases and sports injuries. Additionally, our orthopedic surgeons undergo a rigorous vetting process to guarantee the highest safety and quality standards for our international patients. Our compliance team ensures our doctors are fully accredited and licensed where they practice and meet the following requirements:
- Board Certified
- Proven track record of success
- Active member of the Academic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active Members of The Hip Society
- Continuously participates in conferences and workshops on latest treatments and technologies
- Recommended by fellow medical colleagues
- Training from prestigious medical institutions
- Conducts medical research and publications
Lastly, our recruitment and compliance teams interview all our orthopedic surgeons in person, visit their facilities, meet past and current patients, and review their medical processes and protocols to confirm they meet the highest standards.