KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY ABROAD
Choosing to undergo Knee Replacement surgery with our medical tourism orthopedic providers has several advantages:
- It can save you up to 75% compared to U.S. prices
- Highest quality with U.S. Trained orthopedic surgeons in Mexico
- Best results with only FDA approved materials and implants
- Our surgeons offer the latest surgery procedures and technology
Knee Replacement surgeries can cost as much as $70,000 USD in the U.S. without proper health insurance and wait times in Canada can be up to 3 years long. With Health & Wellness Bazaar, traveling to Mexico for Knee Replacement surgery is safe and easy and our surgery packages start at $9,990 USD, saving you up to 70% on the total cost of treatment with minimum to no wait time.
Our medical providers are able to offer such low pricing compared to the U.S. because of the low cost of land, labor, and materials in the destinations where they practice. The safety, quality, and efficacy of the Knee Replacement surgery is never compromised despite the low pricing and the patient experience is well beyond U.S. standards. Currently we have orthopedic surgeons in Tijuana, Monterrey, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Cancun, Mexico. Please contact us for more information.
KNEE REPLACEMENT SURGERY PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have designed Medical Tourism Packages for orthopedic treatments that include the following:
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- On-site local transportation
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgery center’s fees and hospitalization
- Surgeons’ fees
- FDA Approved Knee Implant
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist
- All treatment related materials
- Post-operative medication
THE TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT PROCEDURE
There are four basic steps to a knee replacement procedure:
- Prepare the bone. The damaged cartilage surfaces at the ends of the femur and tibia are removed along with a small amount of underlying bone
- Position the metal implants. The removed cartilage and bone is replaced with metal components that recreate the surface of the joint. These metal parts may be cemented or "press-fit" into the bone
- Resurface the patella. The undersurface of the patella (kneecap) is cut and resurfaced with a plastic button. Some surgeons do not resurface the patella, depending upon the case
- Insert a spacer. A medical-grade plastic spacer is inserted between the metal components to create a smooth gliding surface with the guidance of your surgeon
KNEE REPLACEMENT IMPLANT OPTIONS
Our surgeons are implant agnostic, they do not receive any economic benefit from using a particular brand or model and our standard surgery package includes a Johnson & Johnson DePuy Knee System. Our orthopedic surgeons have experience using all knee replacement implants and will help you determine which one is right for you. You can choose from Johnson & Johnson, Smith & Nephew, Stryker, Zimmer and Biomet. With today’s technology, knee implants last 20-25 years and revisions are becoming less popular.
If you have a preference on a particular knee implant, please let us know. Our surgeons work with providers who carry most knee implant manufactures and models. There are many different types of implants with different advantages and benefits, consult with your Case Manager and ask our surgeons to recommend one that best suits your lifestyle and bone structure.
RECOVERING FROM KNEE REPLACEMENT
Many people return to full, unrestricted activities after a knee replacement in 4-8 weeks. Your recovery will depend on the physiotherapy performed after the surgery. Recovery starts the next day after your surgery, you will be walking around your recovery suite with the help of a walker. After full recovery, you will be able to return to your daily activities and will even be able to play sports.
OUR ORTHOPEDIC SURGEONS
Our network of orthopedists is composed of a select group of talented and experienced surgeons who, in their private practice, perform the most advanced and innovative procedures to treat degenerative diseases and sports injuries. Additionally, our orthopedic surgeons undergo a rigorous vetting process to guarantee the highest safety and quality standards for our international patients. Our compliance team ensures our doctors are fully accredited and licensed where they practice and meet the following requirements:
- Board Certified
- Proven track record of success
- Active member of the Academic Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Active Members of The Knee Society
- Continuously participates in conferences and workshops on latest treatments and technologies
- Recommended by fellow medical colleagues
- Training from prestigious medical institutions
- Conducts medical research and publications
Lastly, our recruitment and compliance teams interview all our orthopedic surgeons in person, visit their facilities, meet past and current patients, and review their medical processes and protocols to confirm they meet the highest standards.