Also, as mentioned above, eligible candidates for this surgery are those who will undergo comprehensive plastic surgery treatment such as body contouring after drastic weight loss and a mommy makeover. A tummy tuck in Tijuana can correct all these problems and side effects, which have not been corrected even after strict dieting and continuous exercise. Therefore, you may be a suitable candidate for a tummy tuck if you meet some of the following criteria:
- Have a reasonably healthy life and an active lifestyle
- Have a healthy weight or a BMI below 30
- You have no plans to get pregnant in the future
- You have lost a considerable amount of weight
- You have excess skin and fat around your abdomen and waist
- You have been pregnant in the past and are considering a mommy makeover
- Have quit smoking
Another common concern that some young patients have is getting pregnant sometime after undergoing a tummy tuck. The reality is that this procedure has no adverse effects on a woman's fertility. So you will not have problems if you get pregnant. However, it is advisable to wait at least a year after the operation to complete your entire healing process, and your abdominal muscles are strong.
The only downside is that many of the results of a tummy tuck are likely to be lost after pregnancy. So, it would be ideal to undergo this procedure once you no longer plan to have more children.
Is tummy tuck in Tijuana a recommended treatment only for women? No. This cosmetic procedure is performed for both women and men. Why do they consider having this modern procedure? Because sometimes, no matter how much exercise they do, on many occasions, both with weight loss and with age, the skin loses elasticity and its ability to return to its normal size and appearance. Fortunately, whether you are a man or a woman, a tummy tuck will help you eliminate that belly, shape your figure and have a more toned abdomen.
ALL-INCLUSIVE SURGERY PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have designed all-inclusive Packages for Tummy Tuck surgery that include the following:
- 5 Nights in Hotel
- 1 Night in Hospital
- Concierge Service
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- On-site local transportation
- Pre-operative tests
- Surgery center's fees and hospitalization
- Surgeons' fees
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist
- All treatment related materials
- Post-operative medication
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMMODATION
Your only additional expenses to the cost of your Tummy Tuck package are your transportation and meals outside the hospital. You can learn more about our accommodation options in our Plan Your Trip page.
WHAT HAPPENS BEFORE AND DURING A TUMMY TUCK?
First, when you choose Health & Wellness Bazaar to enjoy a comprehensive cosmetic procedure, a plastic surgeon will consult with you via video conference, phone call, or on-site to consider the requirements mentioned above along with your particular medical history, appearance, and expectations. During this evaluation, he will explain in detail how the procedure works and what the expected results will be.
You will then create a plan with one of our Patient Care Managers and get an all-inclusive package that covers the following:
- Comfortable accommodation in a fantastic local 5-star hotel
- All ground transportation for your safety and convenience
- Preoperative and postoperative tests
- Medical staff fees and hospitalization
- Anesthesia and anesthesiologist's fee
- All medical supplies related to the treatment
- Postoperative medication if necessary
Choose best, choose medical tourism! At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we provide world-class medical tourism in Mexico that will make your surgery a comfortable experience of the highest quality. Thanks to these comprehensive packages, our patients can simply begin their journey, sit back, enjoy the results, and why not a delightful getaway or vacation.
The plastic surgeon works with the anesthesiologist to make your procedure quick and painless during a tummy tuck. The type of anesthesia usually used is general anesthesia so that the patient is relaxed and does not feel a thing during this process. In some cases, before the surgery, the anesthetist will inform you if it is necessary to use epidural anesthesia and sedation.
Then, he proceeds to make a small incision in the lower abdomen to ensure a minimal scar that is almost invisible since underwear or a bathing suit can cover it. Next, the surgeon tightens the abdominal muscles, removes excess fat and skin, and, if necessary, makes a new belly button to give it a natural and aesthetic appearance. Of course, not all stretch marks can be removed, but they are significantly less noticeable once the surgeon removes the excess skin.
The duration of the intervention is approximately 3 hours. However, it must be remembered that you will spend a little more time in the hospital between the preoperative and postoperative periods. Still, your hospital stay will be short, and we will make it as comfortable as possible.
Currently, abdominoplasty is considered one of the safest cosmetic surgeries since it is performed in people with a healthy life and a superficial body area. Even so, as in all kinds of surgery, some of the most common risks are bleeding, infection in the wound or poor healing. Remember in your consultation to ask your doctor for more information about other possible risks or any questions about the procedure. That will help you better understand the process and be much calmer.
WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PROCESS AFTER A TUMMY TUCK?
After a tummy tuck in Tijuana, a patient usually spends a night in a state-of-the-art medical facility. The recovery period can then continue at the hotel or home. During the first days, there will be some inflammation, discomfort, or pain in the abdomen, which will be controlled with the medication prescribed by your doctor. You will also receive essential recommendations on how to shower, drain fluids, and change your bandage. And although you should not stretch at all, it is best to start walking as soon as possible.
In general, using a special girdle is recommended after surgery, as this will help you move more safely and have a better evolution in your recovery. The outer skin sutures and drain can be removed in 1 to 3 weeks.
It is strongly recommended to avoid strenuous physical activity altogether and heavy lifting for the first few days after the procedure. After about six weeks, the patient has fully recovered and can resume physical activity and exercise. Of course, the plastic surgeon will provide further instructions on the best ways to sit and lie down and return to work and perform daily activities. Most patients can return to work after 10 days, although they will still receive some basic care.
The final results of the tummy tuck in Tijuana will be noticeable 6 to 8 months after surgery. That is due to the external and internal healing period of the body. There will be some periods of increased swelling, which will gradually decrease until you experience a permanently flat abdomen. With the appropriate postoperative period and your doctor's recommendations, in the end, you will be able to show off an incredible abdomen!
For the results of abdominoplasty to be definitive, patients must maintain a balanced diet and a consistent exercise plan. Otherwise, if you gain weight, the results can be compromised.
TUMMY TUCK VS. LIPOSUCTION. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE?
These procedures share a fundamental objective: to enhance the figure of a person in the middle portion of the body and abdomen, making it more aesthetic, flatter, and tighter. However, there are several differences in procedure and technique. These are the most important:
Liposuction targets only the fat deposits in the hips, thighs, buttocks, and stomach. In contrast, abdominoplasty is aimed exclusively at the abdomen area, but in addition to removing fat, it removes excess skin and tightens the muscles.
Liposuction results may not be permanent without a healthy diet, while abdominoplasty offers more permanent results.
During a liposuction in Mexico, a surgeon uses a cannula or thin tube to remove the fat under the skin. In contrast, the surgeon makes small incisions in a tummy tuck and uses modern surgical techniques.
In some cases, both procedures can be performed simultaneously, depending on the patient's needs and expectations.
BENEFITS OF ABDOMINOPLASTY IN TIJUANA
Are the benefits of abdominoplasty in Tijuana only aesthetic? No. This procedure has been found to have other significant medical benefits. Some of them are:
- Corrects hernias .- This procedure allows access to the abdominal wall to repair some hernias. Much will depend on the area in which it is located.
- Improves posture .- As we have mentioned before, diet and exercise often fail to correct the abdomen, which in turn leads to other problems such as poor posture. In many cases, once a flatter abdomen is achieved, it is also possible to improve posture and even relieve some back pain caused by poor posture.
- Increases self-esteem .- Not being able to achieve the figure you want can often cause problems with self-esteem or self-confidence and even affect your social relationships. But having a body that you like through abdominoplasty generates greater security and more love for yourself.
- Reduces urinary incontinence .- Many times after childbirth, some women experience urinary incontinence. This condition occurs when there is too much pressure on the bladder and urethra. Although this condition can be treated independently of surgery, it has been seen that abdominoplasty can help improve this problem in many cases.
- Decreases back pain .- Back pain can often be due to weak stomach muscles, which is why the spine carries more weight. However, this procedure surgically tightens the muscles that have been weakened so that after recovery, they tend to have more support and, as a consequence, back pain is reduced.
WHAT IS THE FIRST STEP TO ENJOYING GREAT RESULTS FROM TUMMY TUCK?
The first step to undergoing a tummy tuck is wanting to look great. This treatment is a way to pamper yourself and improve your figure. You may feel a bit anxious considering this option for yourself, and there are some questions to be resolved. We know that it is part of the process to feel that way. That is why our entire team works hard to provide you with the best service. We want you to feel accompanied and guided from the first moment you reach out to us until you arrive in Tijuana and return home. In addition, our doctors will be happy to answer your questions and provide you with any information you need on important topics to bring you closer and closer to successful results. Are you ready for a change in your life?
All you need to do is call (858) 779-2552 or submit a short contact form to reach one of our Health & Wellness Bazaar Patient Care Managers and schedule an appointment for a consultation with one of our plastic surgeons. You will learn more details about the extraordinary procedure and results of a tummy tuck in Tijuana and our all-inclusive packages so you can take the first step, sit back and enjoy a fantastic appearance!
OUR PLASTIC SURGEON'S PHILOSOPHY
Our plastic surgeons’ philosophy is to emphasize everyone’s individuality and as such, they tailor their entire practice to best suit each patient’s special motivations and concerns. We encourage and support all patients to express their objectives and concerns openly without reservation. We believe that an informed patient can significantly contribute to the excellent achievement of their goals and our surgeons are transparent in setting the correct expectations and completely committed to help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
This philosophy combined with our plastic surgeons’ skills, extensive training, and fifteen years plus of experience will make the choice of our providers an easy one.
OUR PLASTIC SURGEONS CREDENTIALS:
Our network of plastic surgeons is composed of a select group of talented and experienced doctors who, in their private practice, perform the most advanced and innovative cosmetic and aesthetic procedures. Our plastic surgeons undergo a rigorous vetting process to guarantee the highest safety and quality standards for our international patients. Our compliance team ensures our doctors are fully accredited and licensed where they practice and meet the following requirements:
- Board Certified
- Proven track record of success and outstanding patient satisfaction
- Active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Active member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Active member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic SurgeryList Item
- Active member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Continuously participates in conferences and workshops on latest procedures and technologies
- Recommended by fellow medical colleagues
- Training from prestigious medical institutions
- Conducts medical research and publications