At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we are proud to see so many patients improve their quality of life through weight loss surgery in Mexico. However, we want to ensure that our patients continue to feel and look good in the months and years after surgery. Many of the patients who have lost an astonishing amount of weight may be left with loose skin. Even though you might have achieved the goal of losing your excess body weight and feel incredible, you might feel a little uncomfortable with some saggy skin. Would you like to know some easy ways to tighten your skin and look healthy and muscular? Continue reading to find out.
1. Plastic surgery after bariatric surgery
Post-bariatric plastic surgery in Mexico can help you feel more satisfied with your healthy body, which you worked so hard to get. Of course, losing a large amount of weight is a life-changing achievement. An increasing number of patients choose to undergo specific procedures to reduce the excess skin and fatty tissue that can remain after the excess weight is lost.
Depending on the individual needs of the patients and the results from weight loss surgery in Mexico, our plastic surgeons can recommend the best type of procedure. The most common are tummy tuck, arm and thigh lifts, breast augmentation and lifting, and facelift. All of which can be planned and achieved through Health & Wellness Bazaar. Let us consider each of them briefly.
- Tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty, commonly known as Tummy tuck in Mexico, removes loose or excess skin resulting from weight loss, as well as from pregnancy and age. This procedure can also tighten weakened abdominal muscles, and its purpose is to help patients achieve a flatter, more toned midsection, resulting in a beautifully contoured waistline.
- Breast augmentation and lifting. Augmentation mammoplasty focuses on giving volume to disproportionate breasts, restoring balance to asymmetrical breasts, or creating a more voluptuous figure. On the other hand, a breast lift, or mastopexy, is a solution to restore the natural shape of breasts that are sagging or flattened, have stretch marks and loose skin, nipples that point downward or breasts that seem deflated after weight loss surgery in Mexico.
- For this procedure, plastic surgeons perform techniques to tighten the loose, areas in the brow, midface, jawline, and neck.
- Arm and thigh lift. These types of procedures reshape the arms and thighs by reducing excess skin and fat. As a result, the skin of the upper arms and thighs is smoother and has a better-proportioned contour.
2. Use proper skin firming creams
Firming creams can be more expensive than regular creams, but they are a great help when tightening the skin. Be sure to buy the ones that are made for tightening sagging skin, which should be rich with herbal ingredients, aloe vera, and even some vitamin E and A.
3. Stay hydrated
The key to healthy and radiant skin is to stay hydrated. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day can make a big difference not only to your skin but to your digestion and overall health. Drinking water ensures that your skin is healthy and is recuperating well after weight loss surgery in Mexico. Moreover, drinking enough water prevents you from confusing thirst from hunger. Water can prevent you from filling yourself up with beverages high in chemicals and sugar.
4. Watch what you eat
Avoid any type of food that does not provide any nutritional value, especially junk food, since they are harmful to your skin. If you are trying to keep a healthy weight or tighten skin after weight loss surgery, avoid foods that are high in fat.
Include more raw foods and protein in your diet. A lot of vitamins and nutrients are found in food before it is cooked. Therefore, add some raw and fresh fruits, vegetables, and fish into your diet. Once you do it, you will see that your skin tightens up very quickly.
Om the other hand, when you increase your intake of proteins after weight loss surgery, your skin will be tightened. Besides, it has been proven that protein foods help to build muscles quicker. This is especially important since it is going to help your body adjust better after surgery by building stronger muscles in your body. Lean protein, like turkey breast, is the best to achieve this goal because it contains collagen and other nutrients that enhance optimal skin development.
5. Use of body scrubs
Studies have shown that body scrubs that contain sea salt or other abrasive materials help tighten skin after weight loss surgery because they stimulate increased blood flow, which promotes healthy, elastic, and firm skin. It is recommended to use a good scrub in the shower twice a day, at least three times a week. Mineral scrubs are also perfect, just a little bit of sand can go a very long way toward helping you reduce saggy skin.
6. Exercise regularly and practice Yoga
After a successful weight loss surgery in Mexico, doctors and nutritionists will suggest a good exercise routine to ensure optimal results. If you are already exercising, simply add weights to your routine. It has been proven that this type of training enables a person to have tighter and toner muscles. It is not necessary, though, for you to pay for a membership in the gym to do so. There are a few weight-trainings exercises you can do in the comfort of your home.
For example, for the loose skin in the lower body, do squats. Lunges help immensely for the sagging upper thigh skin, and bicep curls target the hanging underarm skin. If you have just started to work out on your own, you can have a personal online trainer or look at tutorials of certified trainers.
Yoga, on the other hand, gives excellent results. It does not only promote mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual strength. It is designed to help people relieve stress, be more flexible, and can even help your skin to get tighter and more flexible.
At Health & Wellness Bazaar, we have the best bariatric and plastic surgeons that provide outstanding medical care and leave patients thrilled with the results. Contact us now at (858) 779-2552 or request more information here.