OUR SIMPLE PROCESS
We work very hard to make this process as easy and enjoyable for you as possible. After helping hundreds of couples achieve their family dream we have streamlined the IVF process for patients traveling to Mexico for treatment. The first step is to review your case with our fertility doctors to determine if you are a candidate for IVF and the type of IVF that would maximize your chances of a successful pregnancy. To do so, all we need from you is your medical history and the results of the lab tests below.
- Anti Mullerian Hormone
- Thyroid ( TSH and T4 Free)
- STD's ( HIV, Syphilis, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea)
- Hepatitis B and C
- Vaginal Ultrasound
- Blood Type
If you do not have time to fill out the medical questionnaire at this moment, please submit an inquiry and we will assign you a Care Manager who will email you shortly with more information on IVF pricing as well as instructions to review your case. Also, if you are not able to get these tests done at home because of their price then you could have them done in Mexico during your first visit. However, we recommend getting these done in advance to confirm if you are a candidate before traveling to your first appointment.
During your first visit, your doctor will conduct a comprehensive evaluation once again to confirm your IVF treatment and you will be given your medications with clear instructions so that you begin taking them in the 2nd day of your period. To make sure your medication is working, or to make any dosing changes, your doctor will need to measure your egg follicles with a vaginal ultrasound 5 days after you begin treatment as well as on day 8 and 11. Taking these steps will maximize your chances of a successful pregnancy.
ALL-INCLUSIVE IVF PACKAGES
For your convenience, we have created all-inclusve and streamlined IVF packages that include:
- 1 IVF Cycle
- Sperm Vitrification
- Ovarian Stimulation Medication
- Trigger Shot Medication
- Post Embryo-Transfer Medication (4 weeks)
- Follow-Up Visits to Measure Follicles
- Eggs Retrieval by Ultrasound
- Embryo Transfer Assisted
- Follow-Up Visits
PLANNING YOUR TRIP TO MEXICO
Your only additional expenses to the cost of your IVF package are your transportation and maybe a couple of hotel nights. If you wanted you could arrive in the morning of your appointments and return home in the afternoon. To maximize your savings, we have partnerships with hotels and recovery homes with special pricing for our patients.
HOW IS IVF IN MEXICO DONE?
The first step is your case review to determine the cause of infertility. Once the problem has been identified, your doctor will design a medication protocol to stimulate your to generate more ovules with better quality during that period to ensure they are ready for conception. Your fertility doctor will ask you to get a few ultrasounds to determine the best time to perform the extraction of ovules.
The extraction of your ovules is a process that does not require hospitalization and just a mild sedation to relieve any discomfort, you may return to your hotel after the procedure to rest. Later, on the same day, the in vitro fertilization is performed with the highest-quality semen from the sample obtained. Once the ovules and sperm sample have been collected and selected, there are two in vitro fertilization options:
- The first option is to place the eggs and sperm in a Petri dish to let the sperm fecundate the ovules, and the next day you will know if any ovule was fertilized.
- The second option, typically for more severe cases, is to use an intracytoplasmic micro sperm injection (ICSI) which consists of injecting only one sperm into the ovule, which increases the chances of conception because your doctor makes sure the egg is successfully fertilized.
As sometimes more than one cycle of IVF is required before a successful pregnancy, you can freeze your eggs from the first extraction to avoid extracting more eggs for a second or third attempt. After the ovule has been fertilized, the pre-embryo is placed in the woman’s uterus to continue its development. The process of implanting the pre-embryo is not painful and does require sedation, you will be in a gynecological position and your doctor will place the fertilized egg inside your uterus.
Health & Wellness Bazaar works with top fertility doctors who meet the highest quality standards and high rates of success. We currently work with doctors specialized in fertility treatments in Tijuana, Guadalajara, Mexico City and Cancun. Contact us to learn more about our doctors and fertility packages; our team will be happy to help you fulfill the dream of having a baby at home and learn about our great rates and savings.
BELOW ARE THE MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT FERTILITY AND IVF IN MEXICO:
- Traditional in vitro fertilization (IVF): after obtaining the ovules and several sperms (50,000 to 100,000), they are placed in vitro in the lab and you wait for the sperm to fertilize the ovule before placing the pre-embryo back in the uterus.
- Fertilization in vitro with micro intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): only one sperm is needed, which is injected inside the egg to achieve fertilization. This technique has higher success rates than traditional IVF because fertilization is facilitated by your doctor.